I've been a solopreneur for 2 years.
I work under 4 hours a day and own my time entirely.
Here's how you can build a one-person business from scratch:
Here's what I really wanted to change in my life:
• own my time
• have a purpose
• enjoy the work I do
• become financially independent
You can't start unless you know your 'why' and where you want to be.
Create content around your expertise.
It will help you
• get better at content creation
• understand your audience
• get more ideas
But it'll help you the most with this one thing...
3/ Audience Building
Because unless you do this, you can't sell anything.
I mean, you can. But who will buy it?
Most importantly - it will help you understand what problem you can solve for. (We'll get to this in #6)
4/ Follow the 1% Rule
99% of my content is free.
• 550+ articles
• free ebook
• side hustle checklist
• 2 free weekly newsletters
• consistent content on Twitter & LinkedIn
I charge for the 1% in the form of guides and courses.
Gain trust with 99%, make money with 1%.
5/ Lead Magnet
There are no excuses for this.
Hop on to Gumroad and create:
• email course
• video course
And distribute that as a CTA (call-to-action) under your articles and LinkedIn posts.
I'll tell you why. This will help you:
a) build your email list
b) give lots of value for free (gain trust)
c) teach you the basics of building a product
You can use Canva to build templates, ebooks, and checklists.
6/ Package solutions
After you've done the above, don't just create a product for the heck of making money.
That won't workout.
Notice the themes of your questions and package the solutions into products.
Do this via:
For me, the problem (questions I was asked most often) and productised solution was:
• Consistent writing: cohort based course (Summit 21)
• Medium: Medium Guide
• LinkedIn: LinkedIn Playbook, and now a self-paced course too
Don't go bonkers selling it because nobody likes someone who's salesy.
But chime it in wherever you can, like
• mention in your newsletter
• hyperlink in relevant articles
• suggest when somebody asks you Qs that your products can solve
Lastly, be patient with the process. One product to another will be a massive learning journey.
No, you won't get rich overnight.
But you'll be proud of yourself in 12 months.
That's a wrap!
Before you leave, here's how I can help you ace your goals:
- LinkedIn Ultimate Content Mastery: I teach you how to create compelling stories that attract opportunities 💰
- Summit 21: Join my flagship cohort-based course, Summit 21. This will be the fourth and last cohort of 2023.